From feeling like time (or money) is running out to second-guessing gift choices and blaming ourselves for our kids’ behavior, there’s no shortage of ways for moms to feel crummy during the holidays. Even when everything miraculously gets done, you might wonder where the heck’s the magic or feel guilty wondering if you slowed down enough to actually enjoy it (and honestly, would it even be the holidays without a good, old-fashioned mom tantrum?). In this last episode before Christmas, Meagan and Sarah talk through the various ways moms tend to be hard on themselves this time of year, and some ways we’ve learned to reframe our messy feelings. We also chat about how we’re feeling this particular Christmas and how it compares to holidays of the past. Depending on when you listen to this episode, consider it your pre- or post-holiday pep talk–complete with a tasty detour into charcuterie board land. We promise it’s NOT too late to give yourself a little grace. We’re here for you, friends! Enjoy.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bev
Bev is a female-first canned wine brand. They have 5 varietals – rosé, sauv blanc, pinot gris, pinot noir, and a sparkling white. Go to DrinkBev.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout to get 20% off your first purchase plus free shipping.
Sponsor Spotlight: Pok Pok Playroom
Pok Pok Playroom is an award-winning collection of creative, open-ended toys that spark imagination for kids 2-6 years old—and beyond! Pok Pok is inspired by real playrooms, so there’s no winning or losing and kids can make discoveries at their own pace. Get 50% off an entire year of Pok Pok Playroom with code MOMHOUR, redeem here.
Sponsor Spotlight: Athletic Greens
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything. Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com/themomhour.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Here’s our recent episode on What Our Kids See In Us (For Better & For Worse)
- Read Meagan’s holiday help blogpost: No, You’re Not Behind
- We loved this Girl Next Door podcast episode on Christmas Gone Wrong from our friends Kelsey and Erica
- Our Contributor Chaunie’s blogpost: Last Year I Skipped Christmas; Here’s What I Learned
- Listen to our episode on Letting Go of Perfect-Holiday-Mom Pressure
- Check out all our episodes and blogposts about the holidays
- There have been some very poignant conversations about the holidays and family in our Facebook Group
- When you have time, it would mean so much if you left us a review
- We have so many great ideas and lots of encouragement waiting for you in our Holiday Headquarters