Million dollar sick-kid question: “are they going to school today, or not?”! After two fall seasons impacted by pandemic schooling in all kinds of ways, Fall 2022 appears to be The One Where The Children Are Sick ALL THE TIME. In today’s episode Sarah and regular contributor Jayme validate (and commiserate) about the plight of kids picking up every possible virus this fall, and offer practical tips for managing kids home with common childhood illnesses. (In addition to having a toddler and a preschooler, Jayme is also a nurse by training and a physician-spouse, so she comes with some legit background…and lots of real talk.) Hang in there, mamas! You are not alone in your wellness struggles, and hopefully next fall will be a little less hard!
About Our Sponsors
Acorn books help build confident readers, and ultimately develop a lifelong love of reading. There’s a series for every reader, with themes like friendship, humor, magic, dragons and even horror-lite.
Acorn books are available wherever books are sold!
Tilly Storm is an intimacy coach who focuses specifically on busy moms who want to more fully experience pleasure and connection. Whether you’ve lost your libido, want to deepen intimacy with your partner or just want to experience more pleasure in all aspects of your life, Tilly is there for you.
Download Tilly’s free five-day private podcast training at themomhour.com/tilly
KiwiCo delivers monthly science and art projects that celebrate kids’ natural curiosity. With KiwiCo, kids get to explore different topics each month, from rainbows to rocket ships and everything in between!
Get 50% off your first month plus FREE shipping on ANY crate line with code THEMOMHOUR at kiwico.com.
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Follow Jayme Sherrod on Instagram or learn more about her on our Contributor Page.
- Want to hear more from Jayme? Check out Voices 75, Getting Outdoors With Kids.
- Check out these episodes from the archives all about dealing with children and sick days:
- Did you read the recent blog post Emergency Room Visits with Kids: What I Wish I’d Known, Packed, Said & Done? It includes a few things our contributor Joanne has learned from navigating ER visits with kids.
- Sarah and Jayme talked at length about how they prefer to treat fevers. Here are two great resources about how to treat fevers in children: