Million dollar sick-kid question: “are they going to school today, or not?”! After two fall seasons impacted by pandemic schooling in all kinds of ways, Fall 2022 appears to be The One Where The Children Are Sick ALL THE TIME. In today’s episode Sarah and regular contributor Jayme validate (and commiserate) about the plight of kids picking up every possible virus this fall, and offer practical tips for managing kids home with common childhood illnesses. (In addition to having a toddler and a preschooler, Jayme is also a nurse by training and a physician-spouse, so she comes with some legit background…and lots of real talk.) Hang in there, mamas! You are not alone in your wellness struggles, and hopefully next fall will be a little less hard!
- Follow Jayme Sherrod on Instagram or learn more about her on our Contributor Page.
- Want to hear more from Jayme? Check out Voices 75, Getting Outdoors With Kids.
- Check out these episodes from the archives all about dealing with children and sick days:
- Sickness, Health & Motherhood: Episode 249
- Ugggggggh Sick Days: Episode 75
- Did you read the recent blog post Emergency Room Visits with Kids: What I Wish I’d Known, Packed, Said & Done? It includes a few things our contributor Joanne has learned from navigating ER visits with kids.
- Sarah and Jayme talked at length about how they prefer to treat fevers. Here are two great resources about how to treat fevers in children:
- Fever In Healthy Children
- Fever In Children (Beyond The Basics)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply