Taking walks, eating healthy and staying hydrated are just a few small things that can help save your sanity while coping with sleep deprivation. And while it sounds simple, it’s easier said than done. In today’s episode, regular contributors Kia and Emily discuss how they survive the long nights, early mornings and short stretches of sleep that are so common during the early stages of motherhood. Enjoy!
If you haven’t already listened to Tuesday’s episode, we recommend starting there before hitting play on this one!
All month long we’re bringing back some beloved episodes from the early years of The Mom Hour – with fresh bonus conversations dropping every Friday on the same topic! Here’s a playlist of some of our very favorite classic oldies – and here’s a full list of every episode in chronological order.
- Follow Kia Hammond on Instagram
- Follow Emily Roark on Instagram
- A few episodes from the archives featuring Kia and/or Emily:
- What’s New In Baby Gear & Baby Shower Registries: Voices 77 with Kia Hammond and Katherine DeVries
- Real Stories About Postpartum Mental Health: Voices 74 With Emily Roark And Kia Hammond
- Preparing Kids (Of All Ages) For A New Baby: Voices 67 With Kia Hammond
- Teen Parents, Parenting Teens (Young Motherhood, Raising Teen Girls & More!): Episode 414
- Emily used a Hynobabies sleep track for her toddler to help her fall asleep (didn’t work for her toddler, but maybe it will for you!).