Welcome to our 3-part podcast series on spring cleaning your digital life! This page combines the show notes for each of the three episodes into one easy list.
Part 1: So. Many. Photos.
With lots of time spent at home these days, we’re motivated to do a little spring cleaning…and not only in our physical space. Join us for a special 3-part series this week, all about getting a better handle on our digital clutter. In Part 1, Meagan and Sarah tackle digital photos—from how we organize and back up the thousands on our phones right now, why on earth we end up with so many screen shots, and how we make use of new technology to do cool things with older photos.
Part 2: Tackling Inbox Clutter
This week we’re busy spring cleaning…our digital space! In Part 2 of this special series, Meagan and Sarah discuss the state of our email inboxes. From whether we aim for “inbox zero” to how we find that email we know is in here somewhere, this is both a realistic and an aspirational look at managing information that comes at us via email.
Part 3: Files, Folders & Storage
Tackling digital clutter means working toward a system where there’s a place for everything, and everything is in its place—if that sounds daunting, we get it! Our desktops get messy, too. Join Meagan and Sarah for the final episode in our special series on digital spring cleaning as we talk about file storage, folder systems, that pesky-but-essential “cloud,” and more.
Links we mentioned in the series:
- Google Photos, Photos for iOS, Amazon Photo
- We mentioned this More Than Mom: Apps episode where we share our favorite apps and app-organization strategies (or lack thereof) – see below for a photo of Sarah’s iPhone home screen
- Skylight Frame
- If you want a really detailed inbox-zero system, we’re big fans of The Girl Next Door podcast’s Kelsey Wharton, who wrote this one up on her blog
- Our friends at Spawned with Kristen & Liz have a podcast episode from 2019 with great expert advice on dealing with digital clutter
- Meagan had moderate success with Unroll.me; Sarah uses GMail filters to route deals to a separate label while skipping the inbox
- Sarah talked about Google Backup & Sync, a desktop application for syncing to Google Drive (they have both Mac and PC versions)
About Our Sponsor
PrivacyGuard is a credit monitoring and identity theft protection service where all members get access to secure browser and keyboard technology with the PrivacyGuard digital protection suite. PrivacyGuard offers 3 plans starting at just $9.99 per month, and our listeners can try it for 14 days for just $1. Go to privacyguard.com/today to learn more.
Other Episodes You Might Like
- Having “The Talk” About Internet Safety With Kids Little To Grown: Episode 247
- Let’s Talk About “Sharenting”: Episode 218
- More Than Mom: Smartphone Apps We Can’t Live Without
- More Than Mom: Social Media
- Family Photography & Capturing Moments with Amy Tripple: Voices 19
- Smart Tech & Family Travel: Episode 106
- Becoming Screenwise with Devorah Heitner: Voices 13
- Milestones & Memory Keeping: Episode 92
- Storing, Organizing & Creating with Your Family Photos: Episode 82
- How To Take Better Photos of Your Kids: Episode 81
- Finding Kids’ Media That Isn’t Terrible: Episode 46
- Your Media Diet: Is It Healthy? Episode 03