Meal plans are one thing; real life is another. Join Meagan and Sarah as we look back at a recent week in our lives, detailing the dinners we planned, the ones that came together as expected, and the curve balls that led to pizza ordered in. We also share cooking tips, modifications for picky eaters, recipes, and more. Enjoy!
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service designed to help you shop once, prep once, and enjoy wholesome, delicious meals that come together in minutes all week long. Sign up at PrepDish.com/themomhour to get your first 2 weeks FREE.
Sponsor Spotlight: Qeepsake
Qeepsake is the baby book for the modern family. Sign up for free and Qeepsake will text you questions about your child, prompting you to share funny stories, little memories, and even photos that get preserved in an online journal that you can edit anytime and turn into a beautiful book with a single click. Sign up at qeepsake.co/themomhour to get started.
Sponsor Spotlight: Zola
Zola makes planning a wedding and registering for newlywed life so easy! Zola takes the stress out of wedding planning with free wedding websites, your dream wedding registry, affordable save the dates and invitations, and easy-to-use planning tools. To start your free wedding website AND get $50 off your registry on Zola, go to ZOLA.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies, supporting research, leading programs and providing education and advocacy so that every baby can have the best possible start. Find out more at marchofdimes.org/themomhour.
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 196:
- The first time we did A Week of Real-Life Dinners (Episode 72, from October 2016)
- Fellow podcasters at Friendlier and The Girl Next Door were inspired by this idea and did their own take on it
- Meagan’s son Will’s band’s first gig
- Recipes from Kelsey’s meal plan
- Baked Creamy Chicken Cheesy Flautas with Guacamole (Jo Cooks)
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad (eMeals)
- Sarah loves these Bibigo Chicken Vegetable Potstickers, available at Costco
- Trader Joe’s items Sarah mentioned: Mandarin Orange Chicken, Cinnamon Swirl Bread (makes great french toast!), red lentil penne pasts, stir-fry vegetable mix
Join our Patreon Community!
Audio classes drop soon for our Editor and Producer levels of Patreon support. Find out more at patreon.com/themomhour.