Aspirational meal plans are ubiquitous, but drilling down to what families ACTUALLY eat in a given week is a lot harder to find. For that reason, we–and our listeners–love our ongoing series of “what really went down” at mealtime. Meagan and Sarah are sharing what we actually prepared and ate for dinner the week of October 4th, 2021. We also have fun bringing in seven of our contributors to share how they fed their families. This episode has a wide range of typical dinners (including chili all the ways!) from variety of families. You’re sure to find some dinner inspiration and validation that however you’re doing it, you’re not alone! Join us.
Sponsor Spotlight: Shopkick
Shopkick is the fun and easy way to score FREE gift cards for the shopping you already do. Users earn “kicks” for doing things like walking into a store, scanning items, and making purchases. And then you can cash those “kicks” in for gift cards. Download the Shopkick app today and use the code THEMOMHOUR to get your first $5 gift card for free.
Sponsor Spotlight: Bev
Bev is a female-first canned wine brand. They have 5 varietals – rosé, sauv blanc, pinot gris, pinot noir, and a sparkling white. Go to DrinkBev.com/MOMHOUR or use code MOMHOUR at checkout to get 20% off your first purchase plus free shipping.
Sponsor Spotlight: Ritual
Ritual is formulated with key nutrients, including Vitamin D3, to help fill gaps in the diet. Ritual is now available for women, men, and teens, scientifically developed to help support different life stages including their bestselling prenatal multivitamin. Get 10% off during your first three months at ritual.com/THEMOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: Everlywell
Everlywell is helping to demystify what’s going on in your body with affordable, at-home lab tests that give you trusted, physician-reviewed results. It’s convenient, easy, private and affordable. Get 20% off an at-home lab test at everlywell.com/themomhour
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Listen to more of our Week of Real-Life Dinners episodes (we also referenced back to this recent episode: Envisioning A Week Of Ideal Meals)
- Get to know all of Our Contributors
- Emily loves this Iowa Girl Eats’s Signature Smoky, Spicy, Sweet Chili
- Emily’s favorite oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies
- Sarah’s Joie brand “roundy” silicone egg rings for perfectly round fried eggs
- The tasty ground beef enchiladas recipe Stacy found last minute
- Joanna’s favorite harvest salad
- The baked chicken wings the Powers family makes for “wings ‘n’ things”
- Sarah’s family usually gets their wings from ButcherBox
- For a gluten-free teriyaki-inspired marinade, contributor Sarah Limberg likes this Nom Nom Paleo Stir-Fry Sauce recipe
- Emily made this apple cobbler from their apple orchard bounty
- Sunday – check back soon for that herb/parmesan-crusted chicken recipe Sarah’s family ate at her parents’ house (we’re still tracking it down!)
- Check out all our food-related episodes and blog posts
- Apply to be included in our Small Business Boutique
Photo by Dan DeAlmeida on Unsplash
Leave a Reply