With nearly a year of “everything’s cancelled!” behind us, and facing down an early 2021 of “Who knows?”, we’ve all learned a couple things: Truth #1: We all need to set goals and make plans to stay on course and keep working toward our deepest priorities, especially when life is unpredictable. Truth #2: When life is unpredictable, it feels really hard to set goals. How do we make these two realities jive?
The solution: goal setting with a big dose of self-awareness and self-empathy. As 2020 taught us, things aren’t always going to look exactly the way we plan, but that doesn’t mean goal-setting is cancelled! From our personal finances to family priorities; hobbies and household projects to travel (what?!) and extracurricular activities, Sarah and Meagan are here with a real-life conversation about goal-setting that will meet you where you are and help you plan what you can – while allowing a lot of flexibility for the things that may change along the way.
- Earlier this month Sarah interviewed Sarah Hart-Unger about her process for setting goals
- Meagan learned a lot about herself by following the FlyLady cleaning system back in the day
- Sarah mentioned wanting to do a monthly review practice this year, and was inspired by this episode of Best-Laid Plans with Sarah Hart-Unger
- Meagan’s personal website/blog is up at meaganfrancis.com
- See Meagan’s embroidery adventures in this post
- Sarah talked about annual reading goals and slightly judgy Goodreads in this post