For those who love to plan ahead, the past year has been a huge challenge–and the shiny promise of a brand new year feels a little lackluster as we look toward 2021. Is planning and goal-setting permanently on hold, shuttered just like schools and gyms and concerts? Sarah Hart-Unger says no.
Our first Voices interview episode of 2021 features two Sarahs: host Sarah Powers chats with guest Sarah Hart-Unger about how to approach planning and goal-setting this year. We talk about the importance of reflecting on 2020, even though it didn’t go as planned, how to “pandemic-proof” your goals for 2021, and why the annual exercise of looking back and looking forward is still valuable. Sarah also answers your listener questions on the nitty-gritty of planning and goal setting. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: You Need A Budget
You Need A Budget is is an award-winning app and proven method that helps you take control of your money and build wealth. You Need A Budget helps you stop living paycheck to paycheck, get out of debt, and save more money.To try You Need A Budget for FREE for 34 days, go to youneedabudget.com/MOMHOUR
Sponsor Spotlight: Magic Spoon
Magic Spoon is healthy cereal that tastes too good to be true! There are 12g of complete protein and only 3 net carbs per bowl. Grab a variety pack and try it today! Go to magicspoon.com/mom and use code MOM at checkout to get free shipping.
Sponsor Spotlight: Vionic
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going. Get free shipping through December 31, 2021 when you use code THEMOMHOUR at vionicshoes.com
Sponsor Spotlight: MetPro
MetPro cracks open the mystery of your metabolism so you can meet your personal health goals, whether you want to have more energy, get stronger or lose weight. MetPro offers one-on-one coaching and personalized nutrition and fitness plans tailored to your needs. To take the assessment and get one month FREE, visit metpro.co/THEMOMHOUR
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
- Last year’s Voices 44 episode with Sarah Hart-Unger: Staying Organized & Motivated As A Full-Time Working Mom
- Sarah Hart-Unger’s blog and website: theshubox.com
- Listen to Best Laid Plans (SHU’s planning podcast) wherever you get your podcasts (all the show notes are on her site here)
- SHU referenced the 2021 Goals episode of Best Of Both Worlds
- Shortening Your Gaze, For Now (we referenced this essay of Meagan’s)
- SHU’s recommendations for books and podcasts about planning and goal-setting:
- Books by Cal Newport: Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World, Deep Work (Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World), and his podcast Deep Questions with Cal Newport
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
- Organize 365 Podcast
- Michael Hyatt & Megan Hyatt Miller’s podcast Lead to Win
- Anne Bogel’s What Should I Read Next? Podcast