Does the phrase ‘sex ed’ conjure up super awkward memories of the low-production-value videos you had to watch with your 5th grade classmates? If so, we’ve got great news for you. When it comes time to talk about puberty, growing up, and relationships with your kids, there’s a much better way.
In this episode of our Mom Hour Voices, Meagan and Sarah talk with Nora Gelperin, Director of Sexuality Education and Training at Advocates for Youth. Nora’s calm, confident, and easy approach to talking about tough subjects with kids of all ages put our minds at ease, and even made us eager to open up dialogue with our kids. Take a listen!
About Nora Gelperin
Nora Gelperin is the Director of Sexuality Education and Training at Advocates for Youth. She has more than twenty years of experience providing sexuality education to youth and professional development to school health and education professionals. Prior to joining Advocates she was the Director of Training at Answer where she founded the Training Institute in Sexual Health Education (TISHE) and Answer’s online professional development workshops. Nora holds a Masters in School Health Education from Temple University and has been named a 2014 Fellow of the American School Health Association.
- AMAZE Parents Facebook page
- AMAZE.org on YouTube
- Books by Robie Harris: It’s Not the Stork, It’s So Amazing, and It’s Perfectly Normal
- But How’d I Get in There in the First Place? By Deborah Roffman (recommended for young kids)
- Todd Parr’s The Family Book (for toddlers)
- Al Vernacchio’s For Goodness Sex (for parents of teens)
MORE HELPFUL LINKS:
- Visit our website
- Check out deals from our partners
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our private listener group on Facebook (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
- Sign up for our newsletter
Leave a Reply