Fall is just around the corner and while some of us look to classic markers like crisp air, sweatshirts and chili, others – especially those in warm-weather climates – have to work a bit harder to make a mindful shift into a new season. In today’s Voices episode (and in a fun hot seat role-reversal!) our contributor Katherine DeVries interviews Meagan about seasonally-led parenting and homemaking. Meagan and Katherine share seasonal activities we enjoy with our kids (and some we avoid), tips for bringing seasonality into home decor (without breaking the budget), ways to change up your cooking routine depending on the time of year (we’re looking at you, farmer’s markets), and ideas for getting through long stretches of dreary weather. Enjoy!
- Meet Katherine DeVries, one of our contributors, featured in this episode and follow her on instagram @thepaperdart.
- If you haven’t seen it, here’s the infamous photo (and backstory) of Meagan carrying her son Issac “The surfboard kid” on her hip in 2003.
- Looking for other fall-themed content?
- What’s For Breakfast This Fall: Episode 326
- 7 Ways We’re Saving Money This Fall: Episode 277
- Getting It “Right” For The Right-Now, blog by Meagan
- Cozy Audiobooks For Fall