We’re not experts…we’re two moms with lots of kids and dirty floors. Join Meagan and Sarah as we share our go-to products for keeping a clean-enough house, and feel better about your own dusty corners as we confess the aspects of housekeeping we’re just not great at. We share our favorite way to get dog pee out of the carpet, some tricks for keeping multi-use products like white vinegar and baking soda at the ready, and our shared habit of acquiring a LOT of devices for cleaning floors (and yet? the floors are still dirty). Welcome to 2022, friends. Come on in to our not-very-clean houses for Episode 346!
Sponsor Spotlight: Prep Dish
Prep Dish is a mom-owned meal prep solution that delivers healthy meal plans, grocery lists, and prep-ahead instructions to your inbox every week. With chef, dietician and mom-of-two Allison’s help, you’ll prep your meals for the week all at once, and then have healthy, whole-food dishes on hand throughout the week. Get two weeks of paleo, gluten-free, keto AND super-fast meal plans totally free when you sign up at prepdish.com/themomhour.
Sponsor Spotlight: Scooter Badge
Scooter Badges instantly turn any regular old kick scooter into a NICK scooter with their exclusive and officially licensed line of Nickelodeon character badges. Badges also come in kid-friendly designs like bugs, ballerinas, and emojis, and make for a great birthday present or party favor. Go to scooterbadge.com to get badges for just $4 ($1.99 shipping if you buy three!) until January 18, 2021.
Sponsor Spotlight: Athletic Greens
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything. Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1.
Sponsor Spotlight: StitchFix
We love Stitch Fix for their smart style quizzes and curated wardrobe updates, and now there’s a new way to shop: StitchFix Freestyle! Shop over a thousand brands and styles personalized to your size and fit, for any occasion, no matter what season of motherhood you’re in. Get started today by filling out your style quiz at stitchfix.com/themomhour.
Links we mentioned (or should have!) in this episode:
Links to products found at Target.com are affiliate links. That means if you click through and make a purchase, we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We also hope you’ll support locally-owned retailers in your community and shop in a way that feels good to your family!
Meagan’s can’t-live-without cleaning products
- Inexpensive microfiber dust mop, similar to this one (affiliate link)
- Method Squirt + Mop Wood Floor Cleaner (affiliate link)
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Surface Scrub and Scrubbing Cream
- Granite polish (affiliate link)
- Libman Freedom Spray Mop (affiliate link)
- Public Goods Glass Cleaner & Refill Kit (Public Goods is a show sponsor, but we pay for our own goods because we love them so much!)
Sarah’s can’t-live-without cleaning products
- The entire Resolve line of carpet and upholstery cleaners (affiliate link)
- Public Goods Surface Cleaner & Refill Kit (Public Goods is a show sponsor, but we pay for our own goods because we love them so much!)
- An inexpensive broom/dustpan combo kit, similar to this one (affiliate link), and also open to your favorites!
- Warehouse-sized containers of bleach, baking soda, and white vinegar – stored somewhere handy!
- Glisten Dishwasher Magic
- This is the exact shop vac we have – purchased at our local home improvement store (can’t vouch for this online retailer but wanted to share our make/model)
Other things we mentioned in the episode:
- New listeners can email Sarah at email@example.com
- Mom’s Must-Have Cleaning Products (our team put together this great list on the blog)
- Meagan seconds contributor Emily’s love for Bar Keeper’s Friend (affiliate link)
- @gocleanco on Instagram
- We’re celebrating 10 Million all-time downloads! Read more here, or watch this.
- Like episodes about home-life and cleaning? Try these:
- Kitchen Storage & Organization: Episode 312
- More Than Mom: Home & Personal Organization Help
- Where To Put All The STUFF (Part One): Episode 294
- Where To Put All The STUFF (Part Two): Episode 295
- 10 Habits Of Happy Home Managers
- Home & Life Products We’re Loving: Episode 246
- Home Management Systems That Work (For Now): Episode 220
- Chores, Life Skills, & Household Contributions: Episode 191
- More Than Mom: Clutter
- Dirty Dishes In The Sink (No, It’s Not A Metaphor): Episode 172
- Loads And Loads (And Loads) Of Laundry: Episode 167
- Spring Cleaning & Entertaining Tips: Episode 98
- The Nitty-Gritty of Keeping a Clean-Enough House: Episode 64
- Stuff, Junk & Things: Episode 35
- Chores & Delegation: Episode 15