Digital task mastery, pen and paper planning, and keeping the family organized: no two moms do this exactly alike – even those of us who love to plan and organize! In our first interview episode of 2022, Sarah Powers sits down with fellow planner people Christine Koh and Sarah Hart-Unger to discuss our favorite digital resources, pen-and-paper tools, and methods of staying organized at work, home, and school. We get into the nitty gritty of color coded everything, what works and what doesn’t for our personalities, and how we use planning tools to avoid over-scheduling and leave white space for joy and (gasp!) even spontaneity. Join us!
Sponsor Spotlight: ESET
ESET security protects more than 110 million users worldwide and they’ve been in business for over 30 years. ESET developed the SaferKidsOnline website specifically to help parents and kids learn how to protect themselves in the digital world. Check out the articles we mentioned From Education to Relaxation: Tips on quality apps for kids at SaferKidsOnline.eset.com.
Sponsor Spotlight: Fuzzy
Fuzzy is telehealth for pet parents that offers 24/7 access to personalized pet care from veterinary professionals. You can use it for emergencies when needed, or everyday questions like why your dog’s breath stinks or your cat won’t stop scratching. Get a FREE 7-Day Trial plus $20 off your first purchase of vet-recommended pet meds, supplements, treatments and more at YourFuzzy.com with promo code THEMOMHOUR.
Sponsor Spotlight: Pok Pok Playroom
Pok Pok Playroom is an award-winning collection of creative, open-ended toys that spark imagination for kids 2-6 years old—and beyond! Pok Pok is inspired by real playrooms, so there’s no winning or losing and kids can make discoveries at their own pace. Get 50% off an entire year of Pok Pok Playroom with code MOMHOUR, redeem here.
Sponsor Spotlight: Shop Our Small Business Boutique!
Shop small and support brands owned by moms and listeners from our community, plus get special deals and offers by browsing our curated Small Business Boutique at themomhour.com/shop!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Links mentioned by Sarah Hart-Unger
- Full Focus Planner (affiliate link – shopping here will support SHU!)
- SHU’s full planner stack for 2022
- Pentel EnerGel Clena Gel Pens
- Erin Condren Wall Organization Center
Links mentioned by Christine Koh
Links mentioned by Kelsey Wharton (on Instagram)
- Google Keep
- Apple Photo Stream
- Weekly Intentions Printable from @thehandwritingclub
- Daily Habit Tracker from @elisejoy (get it when you subscribe to her newsletter)
- Zebra F-301 pens
- Mini highlighters
Other things we mentioned and where to find our guests!
- The Essential Calendar
- Sarah P uses simple laptop stand like this one
- Christine’s website
- Christine’s socials: Insta Twitter Facebook
- Sarah Hart-Unger’s website
- Sarah Powers talked at length about Todoist on Best Laid Plans
- Sarah Hart-Unger was on The Mom Hour in 2020 and 2021
- Christine Koh was on The Mom Hour in 2018, and on Meagan’s other show, Mother Of Reinvention more recently
- Sarah Powers was on Edit Your Life talking about working from home in 2019
- Sarah Powers on Best Of Both Worlds talking about evening routines and logistics in 2019
- Kelsey Wharton on The Mom Hour talking about working motherhood way back in 2016
- Kelsey’s podcast The Girl Next Door
- Kelsey’s blog Rising*Shining, and her accompanying podcast, the Rising*Shining Audio Blog