What are Meagan and Sarah’s best tips for getting kids started with their first phone? And with a new school year right around the corner, a mom asks how to prepare her child for the first day of kindergarten and looks for some fun traditions to help celebrate back to school. The “bigger kids, bigger problems” stage arrives early for one listener’s family, and she looks for strategies for maintaining her mental health and other relationships while they navigate tough times. Lastly, a mom of bickering siblings sets us up for a lively discussion about whether it’s mom’s job to prevent kids developing a complex or identity stemming from their birth order and sibling roles. In addition to our own thoughts, we tap the wisdom of our contributors as we tackle your listener questions in Episode 375. Enjoy!
About Our Sponsors
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going.
Use the promo code THEMOMHOUR for free shipping on vionicshoes.com
AG1 by Athletic Greens is the category-leading superfood product, bringing comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to every body. The AG1 powder from Athletic Greens is lifestyle-friendly whether you eat keto, paleo, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free, and contains less than 1 gram of sugar, no GMOs, no nasty chemicals or artificial anything.
Go to athleticgreens.com/momhour for a year’s supply of Vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase of AG1
Hiya is a daily children’s vitamin that’s stronger, cleaner, and tastier — made from a blend of 12 farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and 15 essential vitamins.
For 50% OFF your first order go to hiyahealth.com/MOMHOUR or enter code MOMHOUR at checkout
Gobble delivers gourmet, freshly prepped 15-minute meal kits right to your doorstep. Their chef-designed meals are easy to prepare, with simple recipes and fresh ingredients that have already been chopped, portioned, and simmered so that dinner comes together fast and tastes amazing.
Visit gobble.com/THEMOMHOUR to get your first 6 Gobble meals for just $36!
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Sarah will be interviewing Meagan about midlife and reinvention this week on Meagan’s podcast Mother of Reinvention. Check it out as soon as it drops on July 28!
- Our Listener Sheri uses a GABB phone for her 11-year-old’s first go at a cell phone
- In our Glad I Did/Wish I’d Done Tech & Devices Episode, Sarah highlighted some life skills and communication skills her children learned by having their first cell phone.
- Check back next week for more on the first phone topic, when Sarah will be joined by Catherine Pearlman, author of First Phone: A Child’s Guide to Digital Responsibility, Safety, and Etiquette
- For those interested in our past discussions about choosing a school for your kids, check out:
- For those who want more about sending your kid to Kindergarten, check out:
- House Rules for Sibling Harmony and House Rules For Travel & Vacation include tips and tricks for supporting and fostering healthy sibling relationships.
Leave a Reply