Worrying as a mom is a universal experience (and, spoiler alert: it never REALLY goes away). Today Meagan and Sarah look back over the years on the worries that surface most often in our community. Going by the questions we get from listeners, moms worry a lot about safety (our kids’, our own, the state of the world); and we also worry about WORRY (are we worried about the “right” things? is our worry creating anxiety in our kids?). Join us as we revisit these questions and more with that well-worn reminder: it’s (probably) all going to be okay.
About Our Sponsors
EveryPlate, is America’s best value meal kit and can be a great tool to help you save money and make mealtime easier.
For just $1.49 per meal, go to everyplate.com/podcast and enter code themomhour149
Caraway makes non-toxic pots and pans, bakeware, teakettles, and food storage containers – all in gorgeous colors.
Visit Carawayhome.com/THEMOMHOUR to take advantage of this limited-time offer for 10% off your next purchase
Vionic has the most supportive shoes…ever. Their arch support technology is designed for all-day wear, so that your feet can be comfortable no matter where you are going.
Go to vionicshoes.com/themomhour for free shipping
Pinna is the only audio on-demand streaming service for kids 3-12, with podcasts, audiobooks, and music all in one safe place with no ads, and no staring at a screen. Just listening.
Go to pinna.fm/promo and use the promo code THEMOMHOUR for 50% off your first annual payment
Links We Mentioned (Or Should Have) In This Episode
- Janine asked how to deal with anxiety around kids staying physically safe in Episode 110 (2017) .
- If you find yourself worrying about the physical safety of your children, you may want to check out Episode 12: What Does ‘Free-Range Parenting’ Really Look Like? It can give you another perspective!
- Avery’s question “What things in the beginning of motherhood did you feel were super important, but as you had more children they became less important” was originally featured in Listener Questions: Episode 110.
- Sarah recommended the episode More Things We Shouldn’t Have Freaked Out About: Episode 265
- Theresa’s question about flying originally appeared in Listener Questions (Vol. 18): Episode 199.
- A mom who worries about her boys growing up and moving away first aired in Listener Questions (Vol. 30): Episode 303.
- April asks Meagan and Sarah how to stay updated with the news without over worrying in Listener Questions (Vol. 22): Episode 240.
- Shannon wonders how to best keep things moving along while she’s struggling with anxiety in Listener Questions (Vol. 33): Episode 318.
Continue the conversation:
Instagram | Private Facebook Community (be sure to answer the membership questions!)
Leave a Reply