Worrying as a mom is a universal experience (and, spoiler alert: it never REALLY goes away). Today Meagan and Sarah look back over the years on the worries that surface most often in our community. Going by the questions we get from listeners, moms worry a lot about safety (our kids’, our own, the state of the world); and we also worry about WORRY (are we worried about the “right” things? is our worry creating anxiety in our kids?). Join us as we revisit these questions and more with that well-worn reminder: it’s (probably) all going to be okay.
- Janine asked how to deal with anxiety around kids staying physically safe in Episode 110 (2017) .
- If you find yourself worrying about the physical safety of your children, you may want to check out Episode 12: What Does ‘Free-Range Parenting’ Really Look Like? It can give you another perspective!
- Avery’s question “What things in the beginning of motherhood did you feel were super important, but as you had more children they became less important” was originally featured in Listener Questions: Episode 110.
- Sarah recommended the episode More Things We Shouldn’t Have Freaked Out About: Episode 265
- Theresa’s question about flying originally appeared in Listener Questions (Vol. 18): Episode 199.
- A mom who worries about her boys growing up and moving away first aired in Listener Questions (Vol. 30): Episode 303.
- April asks Meagan and Sarah how to stay updated with the news without over worrying in Listener Questions (Vol. 22): Episode 240.
- Shannon wonders how to best keep things moving along while she’s struggling with anxiety in Listener Questions (Vol. 33): Episode 318.